Monday 12 August 2013

Trying something new

So recently I decided I would challenge myself with my colouring and try something a little different, and the challenge I set myself was by no means a small one! 

Over at Make it Crafty, Zoe has an impressive selection of backgrounds and scenes to go with images, or to be used on their own. I decided to take one of these scenes and merge it with a fairy (what was I thinking?!?) 

To make it just that little bit harder, I decided to do it using my pencils, which I haven't used in at least the 18 months or so I've been using promarkers. I think by this point I really did need my head testing (or at the very least, banging against a wall or desk!)

So this is my creation. I used Derwent Studio pencils, on Letraset bleedproof paper.

Considering this was my first attempt at using pencils in a long time, I'm quite pleased with it. I tried to take the principals of shading etc I use with my pens, and transfer it to this, and I feel for the most part I succeeded.

I am entering this into the Make it Crafty Facebook DT Call

2 comments: