Monday 15 October 2012

Halloween Fun

Hi all, I know I haven't posted in a little while (again!!) but I have been busy helping out with interviews for CAMHS bits and last week I went to see Cheryl Cole in Sheffield. It was an incredible night, she put on an amazing show (If I get my pictures sorted out soon, I might share a few :) )

So anyway, it is time for another challenge at Digi Galore. Due to the time of year, it is appropriately 'Halloween'. Now ordinarily I wouldn't really do anything craft wise with Halloween because it was never something that appealed. So far this year, I have made 4 Halloween Hangers (1 for a swap and 1 for a friend) and then a large luggage tag as well. There might be a couple more pieces yet, I'm not quite sure!

So this post is about the luggage tag, including how I made it :)

So I started with one of these tags as my base:
I got these as part of a bundle from QVC in the sale (no longer available)

I covered the tag in paper (I think it is called 'Catherine's Memoir from Sandy Lion, no idea where it is from, sorry!) So it now looks like this:

I then took an emery board to the paper to distress it. Once I was happy with the effect I ran some tissue over to take off the excess dust. You can see where the double sided tape is holding the paper, but that doesn't bother me too much at this point:


I then took a brown inkpad (Versacolor 171 Pinecone) all over the image, including the edges:

The image is from The Paper Shelter, he is part of the Giraffes on Holiday bundle. I coloured him using my Promarkers (Of course!) I used Buttercup for the giraffe himself, Ivory and Satin for his bandages, and then Mandarin and Satin on the main pumpkin, Cinnamon in the shadows and Dusky Rose on the sweets. I then outlined him with Warm Grey 1, and the carefully cut around him:

I then mounted him with 3D foam onto the tag:

I then added a variety of fibres in co-ordinating colours, I also added Glossy Accents to his eyes, but that is drying as I type and looks cloudy (ruins the affect a little bit!) 


I am entering him into the Digi Galore Halloween Challenge

1 comment:

  1. This didn't half give me a giggle. What a fab image:)
    Thanks for playing along with Digi Galore
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete