Sunday 21 September 2014

Post It Holder

Hi all, time for a tutorial today, using a Teddy Bo image to make a Post It Note Holder for your desk.

The image I am using is Teddy Bo covered in post it notes, I thought it was quite appropriate!

So, after some careful measuring and calculations, I worked out that I needed a piece of cardstock which was 12 inches long and 4.5 inches wide.


Next, take that piece of cardstock and cut it in half, so you have 2 pieces measuring 6 inches by 4.5 inches.

Take one piece and score it on the longest side at 5.5 inches

Take the other piece and score at 2.75 inches and 5.5 inches, again along the longest side.

Your card should look something a bit like this: 

You want the piece with the 2 folds in to be on top. The second fold is what helps create the easel behind your post its. So when stuck together, they should look something like this:

It looks something like this with the post it notes attached to the base: 

And this how the easel element works. I've left enough space at the back to create a spine should you want to close it and hide your note pad.

I forgot a couple of photos, but I took another piece of cardstock measured 4.25 inches by 5.25 inches. I used this as the mount for my image. Remember to only stick tape on half of the mount, so it works best with your easel.

Here is the final piece:

I hope you found this tutorial easy enough to follow, and if you have any questions, please ask!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent tutorial Laura, thank you....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tutorial Laura, really easy to follow, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete