Sunday 10 March 2013

Something new...

Well I recently joined the Simply Betty Fan Page on Facebook and I have to say I couldn't have come across a lovlier/crazier bunch of ladies if I tried! And that's what makes the group so awesome to be a part of!!

So anyway, there is a new challenge over on the Simply Betty Challenges blog where you need to create a project with an image that has been coloured using no lines. Sounds weird, but it basically means printing the digi image lighter then you would normally, so as you colour, your lines disappear. 

Well, as you can imagine, the thought terrified me! I have only really just got to grips properly of colouring images with lines, how could I do it without?? But I thought I would give it a try and see how I went.

I used Bunny Ears Judy who is part of the Sweet Gothic Kids Easter Collection. I cropped her down on the computer to fit my 3 inch round punch, and printed her with lighter lines, she looked a bit like this after being coloured:
Promarkers Used: Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Pale Pink, Blush, Black, Wild Cranberry, Pink Lobster, Carmine, Royal Blue, True Blue, Indigo Blue, Rose Pink, Pink Mittens, Icicle, Blender, White Gel Pen

I know to an extent you can still see the lines, but they are nowhere near as visible as a normal image.

Once I had her coloured, I knew what I wanted to do with her. I had a small egg box from some seasonal chocolates that was now empty and needed decorating.

Here is the before of the egg box:

Here is the after:

Top view:

Flowers on the side:

Sentiment on the inside:

To decorate the box, I covered it in a layer of glitter paint and left it to dry. I then used some 3D foam to stick the image to the lid and then stuck a variety of flowers to the lid and side of the box, and added gemstones to the centres of all of the flowers.

On the inside I added the sentiment in co-ordinating colours to the image on the lid.

There you have it, a great little easter gift (or just a fab easter decoration for my craft area!!)


2 comments:

  1. What an adorable project! Great no lines coloring too. So glad you joined in the challenge.
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute and clever thanks for joining us at SCC

    ReplyDelete